Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

New loves, new hobbies, and the kids of course…

(Skip the first paragraph if you don’t want to read about Jimmer or BYU)

I have discovered a new love for BYU basketball this year.  Rob has been a big supporter of BYU sports but didn’t watch many of the basketball games on TV.  He always kept tabs on how they were doing though.  Rob talked to me more and more about how the team was doing and this “Jimmer” kid.   I always enjoy hearing that BYU was doing well and I just had to see Jimmer in action for myself.  Then it happened.  I was enthralled.  I became a victim of Jimmer-mania.  I couldn’t get enough.  I was excited and nervous to watch the games.  I screamed and yelled at the TV along with Rob.  I watched the game when Jimmer scored 52 points and it was epic. I felt like I witnessed a part of BYU history. I’ve read many articles about Jimmer.  This one is definitely worth a read. (Jimmer has devoted fan base within New York prison system ) His talent and hard work never ceased to amaze me.  I think it’s GREAT that Jimmer Fredette has been getting so much positive attention from the nation. He deserves it.  Plus, it just means positive attention for BYU which results in positive attention for the church.   I was praying that BYU would come here to Denver for the tournament.  As soon as it was announced Rob and I got online to find tickets.  We went, we had incredible seats, they won, and it was jimmepic! (it was Rob’s B-day present.)  We witnessed Jimmer in action in person and it was a glorious thing.  Yes, I am very saddened by their loss last night.  I am also sad that we won’t get to see Jimmer and Emery play for BYU anymore because together they were unstoppable.   And for those that think that there has been too much Jimmer love and not enough going around to the other players the fact is Jimmer is the one that’s setting records and scoring 30+ points per game.  The boy has worked hard and I think he deserves every bit of love he’s been getting.  Not to mention he’s adorable ; ) That being said I am very pride of BYU this year.  Lead by Jimmer they made it to the Sweet 16 for the first time in 30 years and that is something to feel proud of.  Cougars, you have forever made a fan out of me! As for Jimmer, I will be watching for you in the NBA!

 I have a new hobby!  I’ve always enjoyed crocheting but never really new how.  I could do a straight stitch and that’s pretty much it.  So, for the past few weeks I’ve been watching Youtube tutorials on crocheting.  So far I’ve learned to make small flowers and Easter eggs.  I find it relaxing there is practically no clean up required.  That’s my kind of craft!

crochet easter egg

As for the kiddos.  They are doing great! 

Katelyn is cuddly, energetic, loves playing with other kids, and LOUD!  Oh boy, can she scream.  She screams when James bugs her, she screams when she wants out of her crib, she screams when she wants food in her high chair and screams when she wants out because she’s done eating.  She is definitely different them James.  She says a few words out loud like Mom, Daddy, uh-oh and thank you.  She also knows a few in baby sign which is helpful with the screaming.  She’s my little Diva! 

Then there is James.  He’s my little smarty pants.  The kid loves books, letters, writing letters, and practicing reading.  He walks around all day telling us what letters different words start and end with.  He can also read a little which is really exciting!  Just small words that can be easily sounded out so far.  Words like set, get, ship, dog, etc.  It’s fun to watch his little mind work.  

I just realized I never wrote a post about the Denver Aquarium.  Well, we took the kids a few weekends ago and it was fabulous.  The kids enjoyed every second of it.  They even had tigers.  Four of them.  The family favorite was the Otters though.  They were so cute! 

 

 

Denver aquarium 2011DSC04524DSC04532

0 comments: