Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Someone forgot to push her brain buttons this morning…

What do 3 firemen, a blow out, and school orientation all have in common? 

They all contributed to the  HECK  of a day I’ve had. 

So, this morning was James first day of preschool. Very exciting!  As usual, I thought I gave myself enough time to be ready and out the door this morning but I didn’t.  We were running about 5 minutes late.  But it turns out I wasn’t the only one, which made me feel a lot better until…

I pulled up to the curb of his preschool.  My plan was to get James out of the car and send him on his merry way.  Hmmm…this did not happen. Leaving the car running, I jumped out and shut my car door and then went to open James door.  Except for James door wouldn’t open.  It was locked.  So, I went to open my door but it was locked too.  I JUST LOCKED MY KIDS IN THE CAR!  ON JAMES FIRST DAY OF PRE-SCHOOL!  Ok ok, I know.  everyone has done this one time or another.  I have.  So, I asked if I could borrow a phone to call 911 because “naturally” my cell was still in the car. 

“911, what’s your emergency?”

“I just locked my kids in the car”

“Is the car on?”

“Yes”

“Are they in a garage?”

“No, I’m at his pre-school”

Bla bla bla…they got my address and told me the fire department was on it’s way. 

Then, I think, James is probably scared and wondering what’s going on.  So, I knock on his window and tell him that I locked him in the car.  Then “ding” a light goes on.  James can unbuckle himself.  So, I yell to James through the window: “I locked you in the car.  Unbuckle yourself and unlock the car for Mommy” “Ok, Mommy!”  He does what he’s told and “Ta Da” the car is open!  I pull him out and call 911 back and tell them that my 3 year old got himself out of the car.  Yippy!  Then I shut his door and go to open my door.  This is when said “light” goes out again.  “Did I really just lock Katelyn in the car again?”  Well, I thought I did.  So, I call dispatch back and said “Never mind, I’m a total idiot.  I just locked the car again.  I’m having a bad morning.  Sorry!”  She said, in a polite joking voice: “maybe you should go back inside and start your day over.” Ha-ha, I wish!  At leased I have James out of the car now, right!  I took him inside to preschool.  Meanwhile…

the Fire department was still on it’s way over from the first time that I called.  About 2 seconds before they arrived I tried James door again and it opened.  Ya, I really am that dumb!  My door was still locked but James’ was still unlocked from when he previously opened it.  Can you please just imagine how dumb I felt when this huge fire truck pulls up with 3 firemen to my rescue and I’m standing there with the car door open.  I apologized profusely to the firemen.  Thankfully, in a very polite and heroic voice they tell it was no problem and never hesitate to call.  That is what they are here for.  Firemen are so cute! 

The rest of the day continued with a GINORMOUS poop blow-out by Katelyn and James peeing all over the bathroom floor. Is it just me or do days like this happen only when my husband isn’t going to be home till late. He started school orientation tonight for his MBA. Needless to say, this resulted in early bedtimes for both kiddos…sigh!

The day wasn’t all bad though. I was able to get some groceries and a shower while James was at school. 

 

{James first day of preschool}

End of summer 2010 021 September 1st 2010

5 comments:

Johnson's said...

That's awesome! It makes me feel so much better! You're not dumb, although I'm sure I'd feel the same way. Hopefully now you can laugh at this said day...It is pretty funny :)
Can you believe he's old enough for preschool? Sigh?!

Liana said...

Ok it's taken me a long time, but I finally caught up on your blog and I about pee'd my pants reading this entry. You are hilarious, I know you don't feel like it especially when those cute firemen pulled up, but haha! I just had to laugh. And really, we (firefighter/EMT's) never mind pulling up to a scene and then figuring out that we aren't needed, it just means we don't have to work and get to go back to whatever we were doing before... and we also all enjoy riding in our big fire trucks or ambulances with lights and sirens going, so don't feel bad. :) Glad you made it through the day.

RussOrton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
erino said...

Wow that was so funny I couldn't get all the way through it with out laughing my head off. That is something I would probably do so you make me feel better. I can't believe how grown up your kiddo is. What a cutie!

Deancat said...

You'll get over it! James looks so grown up!