Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It’s been a while…

Since I last updated the blog.  I just haven’t been in the mood lately and I’m barely in the mood now.  It’s a bit rainy outside at the moment so I’m letting James watch a little Sesame street.  I figured I better do it now while I have the time.

Our summer has been full of fun so far.  To start my Mom came to visit.  While she was here we went to the CO springs Zoo (AWESOME ZOO!), Outlet mall, R ec center pool, park, and many other fun things.  We then met up with my Dad and brothers for some camping in Steam Boat Springs.  Rob had to go out of town for work for the next few weeks so I decided to go home with my parents to Utah.  I was able to spend two weeks there before flying home to CO.

{side note: flying home with James and Katelyn by myself  was a horrible experience.  I won’t be doing that again anytime soon.  James was his usual self, pulling the tray table down and taking off his seat belt, but this time I didn’t have free hands to deal with him.  Once we were in the air it was all fine because I just turned on the portable DVD player.  But take off and landing are ridiculous.  It resulted in strangers holding Kate while I dealt with James.  Then Katelyn decided to poop.  Why do they always poop on the plane.  I’m so glad the flight from Utah to Colorado is a short one.  Ugh!}

We met up with my family again for some more camping in Durango, CO (probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.  I’ve seen a lot of places too!).  We spent the fourth of July weekend going to a Rockies game and then sitting out on the field to enjoy the fire work(I think we are going to make it a tradition).  Unfortunately James got a fever on the 4th so we didn’t do much.  After we put the kids to bed we enjoyed the fireworks our neighbors were doing with their children. 

James turned 3 on the 10th.  I know we all say this but it really is crazy how fast they grow.  We had some friends and family over for a small BBQ, cake and presents.  One of the presents I got him was a little travel Thomas train that we bought with the money his Great Grandma gave him.  He takes that thing every where.  I would highly recommend it for any little boy.

Take-n-play Thomas

Then, we were asked to speak in church.  I really don’t enjoy speaking in church.  How many people do?  But I knew it was coming so I dealt with it.  My talk was on a conference talk by Elder Ballard entitled “Mothers and Daughters”.  I thought my talk 'written’ was really good I just felt the delivery could have been better.  Rob tells me otherwise.  He said I didn’t look nervous at all and very confident.  I suck at public speaking so I write my talks down word for word and read them. I try really hard to look at the congregation like you would see at General Conference. 

Anyway, this summer has been great and there is still more fun to come.  We’ve been spending time at our community pool, running on the trails, story time at the library, and enjoying the parks.  We do anything to expend James’ energy so by the time 8 o’clock rolls around James is tuckered and we don’t see him till 8 am the next morning.  It’s been working great so far!

2 comments:

Marce said...

Amy! i was just thinking about you today...and thinking that Kate is already 7 months old...i can't believe that! how are you guys? we miss you tons...and while it was awesome having Rob here a few weeks ago, it would have ROCKED to have you here with him. hope you're loving your new house! miss you!

Johnson's said...

I can't believe James is 3!!!
Sorry I forgot to call him on his bday...not that you'd answer,hahaha.
I'm so jealous you've done so many fun things. We've just moved in and out our house a couple of times.
So I think your next post should be some pics of your house, I'd love to see it :)
And by the way...you look amazing! Rob looks like he's lost some lb's also.
We're excited to see you in a couple weeks.