Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So, I know it says I have 25 days to go but it’s more like 19 since I’m being induced on the 19th.  I haven’t really thought much about the whole birthing process this time around since I’m basically going in to be induced the exact same way I was with James.  I decided to watch a few videos anyway just to remind me of what it’s all like.  I’m still pretty set on never doing it naturally if I can help it.  I watched an epidural birth and it reminded me of how wonderful James’ delivery was.  How easy, pain free, and quick it all was.  Then I watched a natural birth…all I can say is no thank you.  I’ll just take a repeat of last time.  4 1/2 hours of virtually pain free labor and my beautiful baby boy was born…Desktop pictures 2900

 

…now don’t laugh at me if it doesn’t go that way this time around.

2 comments:

CandraWynne said...

I was just going to say :) "Be careful because it doesn't go that way everytime" haha my first sounds a lot like your first one, but my second went too fast and the epidural didn't have time to take effect therefore natural labor was my only option. I'm sure some of the edge was gone but I definatly felt more than the first time. Good luck and however the labor/delivery goes just remember it doesn't last forever and its all worth it in the end!

The Webber's said...

hope things go well! Get the epidural BEFORE they induce you - it's the only sure way to get one! The anesthesiologist didn't even make it to my room before I had my 2nd...so it was completely natural during and after! I did get some medication to help the pain (yeah right, lol) through an IV but relatively after I got cytotec (a pill that causes labor, very very similar top pitocin) and Abby was born 2 hours later. Went VERY quickly.
Will I go natural again - not if I can help it, haha. But at least I know I survived it and it wasn't too bad (looking back now I think that, lol) As long as there's no complications I may considering going that route again...
Good luck and hope things go as well as you plan!