Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

Tomorrow’s the BIG DAY!

I was trying not to feel emotional when I was putting James down to bed tonight but there is this small part of me that is saying “he’s not your baby anymore”.   That is just a dumb thought to have because having another baby or not he will continue to get older but this way he has a sibling to play with and be an example too.  Plus, he will always be my baby.

I’m really bummed about the fact that I won’t get to see him for two days since he’s not aloud in the hospital (Dumb swine flu).  I really wanted him to be able to come to the hospital and meet his baby sister but instead I will just be gone for two days and then come home with a new person for him to share me with.  Good thing he won’t remember it like that.   After tomorrow he won’t ever remember life without her.  I’m very excited to have my little girl.  I’m a little nervous cause you just never know what can happen but I have very high hopes that everything will go just as smoothly as James’ delivery.  I can’t wait to meet her.

I’m so glad I am able to be induced.  It just makes things a lot less stressful. Knowing the exact day I’m going to have a baby is awesome.  Rob’s mom flew in today and she’s going to be staying here and taking care of James.  Now we don’t have to worry about calling a friend to come watch him.  How do you ask someone to be willing to watch your two year old even if it’s in the middle of the night on Christmas eve.  Thankfully, we don’t have to worry about that. 

We’re supposed to be at the hospital by 6 am.  I don’t mind going in that early though.  The earlier the better.  I doubt I will sleep that well anyway.

I’m bringing my computer to the hospital so I can skype with my parents and post pictures ASAP.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jess~ca said...

GOOD LUCK! I hope you already had her!

Alex said...

Thinking of you all xxxx

Marce said...

Amy!! I hope you guys have had a wonderful first few weeks with your little girl! We can't wait to see more pictures of her. Congratulations to all of you! Sending you a big hug.