Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

BIG surprise…

So, Wednesday night Rob, James and I had sat down to a dinner of homemade pizza when Rob got a phone call and walked into the bedroom.  I thought it was kind of strange but he came back and said that the home teachers wanted to stop by.  I wasn’t too excited about them stopping by randomly because I was feeling like such a scrub.  When I asked Rob why they were coming now he said probably cause it’s the end of the month(should have been my first clue something strange was going on).  I said, “No it’s not, it’s the beginning of the month.”  But he just ignored me.  The home teachers hadn’t shown up yet and I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long.  So, Rob called and asked if they found it ok.  This should have been my second clue (Our home teachers have been to our house before AND one of them lives in the neighborhood).  Then Rob decides he has to go to the bathroom just as they are coming to the door.  Then the doorbell rings and I go to answer it and "Much to my wondering eyes did appear” it wasn’t our home teachers at the door it was my DAD!  I totally freaked out…

My Mom came to visit me a few weeks ago just for the heck of it and apparently my Dad got a little jealous and decided to surprise me and just showed up at our door.  He ran into a small snag when he got to our apartment complex and they wouldn’t let him through the front gate cause we never called him through.  That’s why he had to call Rob so he could still surprise me (also, the reason Rob went to the bathroom causing me to be the one to answer the door).  You can’t believe how shocked I was to open the door and see my Dad instead of our home teachers.

I’m feeling very spoiled.  My Mom came a few weeks ago when Rob was out of town and we just got to hang out, work on craft projects and be totally lazy and then my dad surprises me by showing up at my door step, cleans my house while I was visiting teaching and then treated me to a much needed massage at massage envy.  IT WAS AWESOME!  I’m a massage therapist and that was the first time I’d  EVER gone to a spa and had a professional massage. 

Sadly, my Dad had to leave this morning but James had soooo much fun hanging out with his Grandpa.  He doesn’t get very good sleep when his grandparents come to town though.  He’d rather fall asleep on Grandpa’s belly while watching “The O’Reilly Factor”

…My Dad’s belly is one of my favorite spots too.

1 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

You guys are getting close! We should be having our baby girl about 9 days after you!